Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I want to buy some 8mm Mauser ammo because my armory is....well I hate to say it but Depleted.... I would like to buy some, anyone have any that they can sell for good price? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
8mm Ammo

Right now, good price is 25c a round. On the other board someone mentioned shipment is due from Yugoslavia which will have 50s through 80s ammo on it, including the M75 Sniper round. The bad news is the new price will be 30 to 40c plus a round. Probably around 170 to 200.00 a case for 900 rounds. Not good for 8mm. Heck, Century just got in some Bulgarian 54R copper wash stuff from the 80s, and the want 90.00 a can, yes, not a misprint, 90.00 a can of 440 rounds. This was the stuff that last year was 40.00 a can for Hungarian, and on sale at times 39.00 a can. Surplus ammo may come down a little, but I really doubt anything will ever go below 20c a round ever again. Hope I am wrong, but the news isn't good at all.

·
Registered
512 Posts
My last 2 8MM purchases were from Samco. I got an 800 rnd case of the FNM non corrosive 8MM for $.299 per round. I ended up with a mix of 60's and 70's headstamp but it is quality ammo. I just received some of the Austrian Hirtenberg 8MM yesterday, 83 headstamp, boxer primed and packed in 20 rnd boxes, very clean. This was $.369 per round, still way better then commercial 8MM. I haven't shot any yet but I understand it is good and loaded a little on the hot side. If the Yugo comes in I would get another case or 2 of the 70's or newer ammo. Otherwise I will continue to stock up on the Samco ammo, more expensive now but may be a bargain in the future.
Ken

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,528 Posts
... Makes me glad I dragged home all those sealed crates of Turkish 8mm from J&G back when it was 2¢ per round:D

·
Registered
983 Posts
I can help you at if you don't need more 34,000 rounds. I also live in NE Texas outside of Dallas. I had planned on putting this on auction where 380 rounds in going for $110, but auctions are a hassle and there are fees and shipping. Let me know how much you need.
Tribrothers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts