Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a bag of this from my local gunshop and have no idea what it is. The 3 pictured were misfires left in the bag. I won't chamber a round until I find out what it is and pull a few down and see what is inside. Any help appreciated.

jeff

·
Copper Bullet member
9,519 Posts
Egypt, 1957. Don't know anything about its shootability, other than it's most likely corrosive.

·
Registered
610 Posts
How much did you get?

This stuff is mostly gone now, but I've got a little set back. Shot most of it up in Maxims, worked great- and no gas system, fairly simple cleaning. I've got a Hakim and an FN49, which shot this stuff in the service, and I'm planning to save my last to shoot in them- probably only in the 49,as I can get to all of its gas system easily.

·
Silver Bullet member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re:

Thanks for the help. I clean all my surplus rifles with corrosive ammo in mind. It's not that hard and isn't worth the risk. I have just one small bag so I will probably set it aside just for show and tell. The misfires that came in the bag i will pull the bullets and powder and try them in new primed brass. Thanks again.

jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.