Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a bag of this from my local gunshop and have no idea what it is. The 3 pictured were misfires left in the bag. I won't chamber a round until I find out what it is and pull a few down and see what is inside. Any help appreciated.

jeff

·
Copper Bullet member
9,340 Posts
Egypt, 1957. Don't know anything about its shootability, other than it's most likely corrosive.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Egyptian 8mm

It isn't great, but it isn't terrible either, like the Bulgarian 8mm which is awful. This will have some duds, but all in all good ammo w/ corr. berdan priming.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Egyptian 8mm.

Super corrosive, but good shooting ammo other than that. Don't ever let the sun set on the gun without cleaning it, though, this stuff really really is corrosive!

·
Registered
585 Posts
How much did you get?

This stuff is mostly gone now, but I've got a little set back. Shot most of it up in Maxims, worked great- and no gas system, fairly simple cleaning. I've got a Hakim and an FN49, which shot this stuff in the service, and I'm planning to save my last to shoot in them- probably only in the 49,as I can get to all of its gas system easily.

·
Silver Bullet member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re:

Thanks for the help. I clean all my surplus rifles with corrosive ammo in mind. It's not that hard and isn't worth the risk. I have just one small bag so I will probably set it aside just for show and tell. The misfires that came in the bag i will pull the bullets and powder and try them in new primed brass. Thanks again.

jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts