Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
9,485 Posts
Do you mean 7.62x54R? If so, yes, good ammo. If you mean 8mm Mauser, never heard of it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I remember reading about Czech 8mm with 175 grain bullet. I think it was 1940s production and reports were favorable, although your sites may not match up too well with its ballistics.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Czech ammo

Excellent ammo, SmE 174 grain steel/iron core. Made after war for brush wars in Africa and Asia. Used uxa headstamp, or no headstamp. Sometimes 44 dated, or 4 dated. Also bogus date. Turn uxa upside down and looks just like bxn which is Sellior and Bellot in Vlasim, Czech.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I bought 12,000 rounds of repacked Czech 50's 8mm brass cased ammo from Century. Some of it looks like it was cleaned. When I shot this type, it all did perfect. In the batch I received, there were WWII German rounds occasionally mixed in with some late 40's Czech. I figured with the scrap value, I could not go wrong at a dime per round delivered.

My Czech silver tip with steel cases are all 7.62x54R.

Tribrothers

·
Registered
279 Posts
Czech Silvertip

I assume he's talking about the Czech nickel-plated 8mm rounds, usually with 1938 or 1939 headstamps. I've got about 200 rounds of it, nice stuff with brass casings. I call them my werewolf bullets since they look silver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts