Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm not sure what I have here, so I am asking for a little help. The ammo in the paper wrappers was labeled as "German", 10rds/pack (first 3 photos). The next was labeled as "Yugo", 15 rds/box (photos 4-6). The next two photos were also labeled "Yugo". The next in the unmarked boxes are 15 rds/box (photos 9-10). I think the next five photos are of Ecuadorian ammo. I recall seeing a post on this not long ago. The final four photos are unkown. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
917 Posts
First 3, don't know, but they don't look German to me. 4-7 are 50s era Yugo. The Ecuadoran ID is correct. The "19 Z 39 I" could be Czech, but that's a WAG. The last group in World War II Yugo.

-Devo

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,905 Posts
Very cool. Great picture quality, too.

Poot

·
Copper Bullet member
9,517 Posts
OK, nice mix of rounds.
P 1941 A 7.92-D" is Romanian
12 * 54 * is Yugoslav
Z / 19 / 1 / 39 / is Czech
A 7.92 A 1955 is made in Argentina for Equador
B T 3 40 is Yugoslav

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Jonny C. appreciate the info. I picked up this along with 150 rounds of '42 turk for $35 (400 rounds total) a few weeks ago. I haven't had a chance to test it out of my turk mauser yet.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Two references I have list P 1941 A 7.92-D" as Fabrica National de Palencia (Spain). What do you have that indicates it is Romanian? The Romanian Ammo I am aware of is CMC / 40 / 7.92 / 19 which follows the Czech style headstamps.

Robert

·
Copper Bullet member
9,517 Posts
I will look for a reference for you, but it is definitely Romanian. Palencia used "P" or "P S".

·
Registered
46 Posts
Jonny, Here are the references I have looked at.

The Cartridge Guide (Ian Hogg) lists PA as Fabrica National de Palencia. The reference drawing shows a headstamp of P \ 1939 \ A \ 7.92 \.

Curtis Steinbauer’s CD lists the headstamp P 1942 A 7.92-,,D”” as Fabrica National de Palencia but also lists it as unconfirmed.

I also see in Curtis’ CD the CMC Romanian headstamp with a reference that states “Some contain a "D" in the headstamp which denotes it is under German control (WW2)”

White and Munhall list P \ 1939 \ A \ 7.92 \ as unknown

Ahhhh I see the reference. In Kents German 7.92 on the inside cover it lists this headstamp as Romanian. He has no reference to a footnote just a drawing. He does show a CMC with a D as well.

Robert

·
Registered
46 Posts
Swissfan, Is there any chance I can swap/trade/barter or outright buy some of that PA headstamped 8mm for my collection?

Robert

·
Administrator
9,576 Posts
7,9 ammo

Query on "PA 7,92mm D" ">>>I originally thought very early Palencia, as I have 1950 PS .303 which has almost the same green laquer primer seal... and its box confirms the Palencia origin. But the Romo attribution could be correct...

19 Z 39 I is just Czechoslovak, but from the ZB owned "Z" factory in Slovakia; the factory was taken over by the Slovaks when the "rump" of the Czech state was taken over by the Nazis in Mid-1939, and Slovakia became a Puppet republic adhering to the Reich.
Most of this "Z" marked ammo was used by the Slovakia Army, and by the Waffen SS.

Large quantities are still coming out of Ukraine etc in the last ten years, still packed in "Czech" style ammo boxes. Also a lot was sold to Israel in the late 1940s (left over in CZ).

The Yugo stuff ( and Equadorian) is ordinary...enuff said!

regards, Doc AV
AV Ballistics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.