Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 1950s Wingmaster in 20 gauge that I at the age of 16 (6 years ago) in/under the influence of my meaning well grandfather and the man who left it to me, my grandfather's best friend/my godfather had it drilled and tapped for a Simmons shotgun scope. The functional intent was to use this (my first shotgun) as a deer gun. It shoots quite well with Super X slugs out of the improved cylinder barrel, but I've been thinking about getting a rifled barrel for it and outside of deer season, shooting trap with it.

Will a new Remington rifled barrel fit on this, or should I continue to use the Imp. barrel? I went down to a local gun shop and the owner was kind enough to let me try a 20 gauge rifled 870 (believe it was an express model) barrel, but it would not fit. Do they even make a rifled barrel for the Wingmaster, as it's name, I assume was the primary purpose.

·
Administrator
18,189 Posts
From Remington's website:
http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/original_factory_barrel_selector.asp

RAMAC Description Barrel Length Retail
24578 Wingmaster® Deer LW-20 - with Rifle Sights 20" RS $165.00

NOTE: Model 870 Extra Barrels with 3" chambers will fit Super Magnum, Magnum, and 2-3/4" receivers. These barrels will handle both 2-3/4" and 3" shells when used on Magnum receivers. Use only 2-3/4" shells when these barrels are used on 2-3/4" receivers.
IF YOUR MODEL 1100 OR 870 20 GAUGE HAS A SERIAL NUMBER ENDING IN THE LETTER “X” OR “N”, CURRENTLY PRODUCED 20 GAUGE BARRELS WILL NOT INTERCHANGE. IF YOUR SERIAL NUMBER ENDS IN THE LETTER “K”, PLEASE CALL OUR CONSUMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT AT 1-800-243-9700 FOR ASSISTANCE WITH BARREL OPTIONS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts