Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased, thinking it was a Youth model with the 13"LOP and turns out it is a JR with 12"LOP. Beautiful laminate stock and I prefer it to the black synthetic anyway. I see there is a LOP spacers that will work on the synthetic stock. Will this work on the laminate stock or is there another way if this needs to be made longer?
Daughter has been using my 14" inch for Turkey hunting and since she is really into turkey hunting now, she needs her own gun that fits her. The fellow I got the gun from said to look it over and if there was a problem, he'd take it back.
So, if needed to be made longer and short of paying for new furniture, does anyone know if the Remington spacers will work on the laminate stock?

·
Silver Bullet member
36,340 Posts
I'm not sure of the fit of other Remington spacers but you can fit any buttpad to it of any length with a bit of work trimming it to the stock butt dimensions and profile. I usually use a big disk sander and do the final work by hand. Takes a while with a finished stock because you have to install check the size, uninstall and sand, repeat as needed to avoid scratching the finish.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,254 Posts
It is a challenge to fit an aftermarket pad to the cheap "Tupperware" synthetic stocks. There are two molded in bosses that are either in the wrong place or are lost when the stock is cut. I take a piece of wood, usually a piece I have cut off of another stock, and work it down to be a tight fit inside the hollow of the synthetic stock. I then glue it in place with Acraglas, then mount a new pad to the insert. For shotguns that need access to a stock bolt, I choose a wood piece with the hole present. For rifle stocks that never will need access behind the pad, I sometimes mount the pad to the wood piece them glue it to the stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts