Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this rifle with several other guns at a big online auction. While their photos were generally good, you couldn't really make an assessment of finish. So, I get it and it has clearly been reblued. But whoever did the work knew their stuff. The stamps on metal look as clear and crisp as an original condition rifle. Wood is VG and the cartouche is sharp and clean. Bore is lightly frosted. I know the collector value is shot, but trying to get an idea of value as a VG shooter.

·
Banned
17 Posts
I picked up this rifle with several other guns at a big online auction. While their photos were generally good, you couldn't really make an assessment of finish. So, I get it and it has clearly been reblued. But whoever did the work knew their stuff. The stamps on metal look as clear and crisp as an original condition rifle. Wood is VG and the cartouche is sharp and clean. Bore is lightly frosted. I know the collector value is shot, but trying to get an idea of value as a VG shooter.
View attachment 3853499 View attachment 3853500 View attachment 3853501 View attachment 3853503 View attachment 3853505 View attachment 3853507
awesome.Where did you get that?

·
Registered
591 Posts
It's still a beauty!
Any markings under the rear sight leaf, such as "Italy" or "Made in Italy"?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's still a beauty!
Any markings under the rear sight leaf, such as "Italy" or "Made in Italy"?
Sorry for late reply. Been out of pocket. No. Just the number 26 and letter G on underside of sight leaf.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts