Gunboards Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have some surplus ammo from WW1 and it still works fine, Most of my Mosin ammo is from the 60s and works fine I will be shooting some of it this weekend at a vintage shoot

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've got a couple cans of 54R on strippers from AIM when I got my M39 10 years ago. It was all factory 188 with a '47 stamp. Stuff shoots a 1"MOA at 100 yd with iron sights. Knock on wood I've had no issues, and plan to hang on to it until I need it, or do.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Tomorrow's range trip will involve shooting 8x56R 1938 vintage ammo in my Steyr M1895 rifle. Great ammo and it has the dirty bird headstamp. It is fun to shoot ammo and a rifle that are both older than me.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I have been shooting 1934 made Polte German 7,9 ammo through my Mausers and it still seems to function like it was made yesterday. Some later dates oddly not as good. Polte seems to have been one of the largest makers and quality seems to have been top notch. Honestly I don't think I have had a dud yet with that lot of ammo.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,363 Posts
It is worth adding that a box of 20 PPU 54r factory ammo is around $25 USD a box over here at the moment, how does that compare to what you guys pay for it?.
Most of the PPU military rifle calibers were $16-20 per box, with 8x50r lebel and 8x56r about $35/box. Just saw some .303 174gr fmjbt today for $17.99.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

41 - 47 of 47 Posts