Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gold Bulllet Member
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Mossberg lovers, I salvaged this .22 mag. a few years back as it was going to be handed in to the cops. Its in v/good cond. and very acurate except some bored fool has made a shocking attempt at carving a schnable (my spelling?) at the front and i suspect it also once had a checkerd pistol grip. I have seen these around with very plain stocks but would like to know if there was a deluxe or similar version stock available and what it was called so i can advertise for one at my local range. T.I.A. for any help. cheers chester.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i am sorry no one has replied to your post.maybe this gun is just too new for us old farts to think about.rosscoe

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello I think what you have is really a 620KS if it has a gold trigger. This might have been a gun made by Mossberg for New Haven Firearms. I am not sure but that is what I have found threw a little research. The Mossberg 640KS is the 640K with a checkered stock and gold trigger with a gold trigger. These rifles were made between 1959-1968 with the KS version being made form 1960 to 1968. Hope this helps. From what I have read It looks like if you need parts you can order 640K parts and they will enter change with your rifle.

Hope this helps you a little.

·
Gold Bulllet Member
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Gents, It is stamped New Haven 740T on the barrel and AC-KRO-GRUV (spelling may be wrong), I dont have have it here right now but there is some other writing on it as well. It could have been checkerd before Mr. Bubba got to it though as there seems to have been a lot of sanding done. I will have a good at what other markings are on it when i get it back. Thanks again. chester.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts