Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So do you guys think that the Russian ammo is going to fly off the shelves now? Will the recent transgressions result in no more 5.45 ammo being imported? If so, is it a reach picking up a 74 now (price-wise)?

Should people start buying all the 5.45 they can find?

·
Gold Bullet member
1,777 Posts
In todays world, if you want it and can find it for a price your willing to pay I would buy it. Feeding a semi-auto can add up very fast. Sooooooooooooo
Buy it cheap and stack it deep

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have a 74 yet (I'm learning and looking real hard right now), but I have a case on order as of a couple minutes ago and it is pretty cheap. Just a hair under .17 cents a round delivered. That's less than half of what 223 or 556 costs. I'm also thinking of selling my 1,000 some rounds of .223 ammo and ar15 upper.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my source has 3000 spammys left. that could last a "while" or go quick. I am going to wait a few days and call back to see what the count is then make a decision on whether to invest into another case and post the source.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The shipping was $50 for me but what can you do? I just figured I would get a crate and then hold it until I get a 74.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just can't decide what the best value is as I'm still learning. I think the vepr and bulgys are likely the best values. Don't even get me started on kits because I know nothing about them...but I know I can put almost anything together...safely.

I'll probably get another crate pretty soon.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.