Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone happen to know of vendors that might have any 70-80's Yugo 8mm ammo, and Czech 7.62x54r training ammo.
Not looking for more than a few packs of the 8mm - for comparasion purposes, and the maybe a couple of 100 rds of the Czech training ammo.
Sort of hard to find it while at work (guess I shouldn't be doing it at work anyway ..huh) since access to the majority of the potential sites have been blocked by our IT ...and at home I have to fight for computer access so I don't get all that much time to search for it

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the hint ... and yep you are right about the price - can almost get commercial Prvi for the same price. I'll look around and see if anyone else might have any left - if not, I guess I'll grab a few boxes from J&G

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
I am selling 8mm Yugo from the seventies on WTS. You can buy a few boxes without buying a whole case.

Also, on a side note.

Yugo from the seventies and M75 sniper ammo is about the same ammo as far as accuracy is concerned. From our extensive tests of long range trials for over many years. We shoot 8mm up to 1,000 yds. as well as M/N M39s.

In our best shooting Yugo rifles. Which are capable of all touching 5 shot groups at 100 yds. shot from bench vise, there is very, very minor differences between M75 and seventies Yugo. A matter of fractions of an inch. Replicated many times over.

I have also recently learned from the internet, that M75 sniper ammo is downgraded to the same status as regular Yugo 8mm after a number of years. I forget exactly how many years, but IIRC it was five or six.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a bunch of the Czech 7.62x54 training ammo and could afford to part with some. Let me check my records and see what I'd have to get for it...

Edit: $6/box of 20 rounds + actual UPS shipping.
Thanks. Shot you off a PM

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am selling 8mm Yugo from the seventies on WTS. You can buy a few boxes without buying a whole case.

Also, on a side note.

Yugo from the seventies and M75 sniper ammo is about the same ammo as far as accuracy is concerned. From our extensive tests of long range trials for over many years. We shoot 8mm up to 1,000 yds. as well as M/N M39s.

In our best shooting Yugo rifles. Which are capable of all touching 5 shot groups at 100 yds. shot from bench vise, there is very, very minor differences between M75 and seventies Yugo. A matter of fractions of an inch. Replicated many times over.

I have also recently learned from the internet, that M75 sniper ammo is downgraded to the same status as regular Yugo 8mm after a number of years. I forget exactly how many years, but IIRC it was five or six.
PM sent

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.