Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These walked into the shop Saturday. All have matching #'s, pistols have waffenamps, SKS (1952r ) is only one with import stamp. My favorite is the Radom.

1. Mauser 1895
2. Steyr 1900
3. SKS ( Russian 1952r )
4. Sauer & Son 35H
5. FN 1922
6. Radom 35
7. CZ27

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet Member
13,722 Posts
Nice haul Rick. I like the Dutch Steyr. Is there a date in the cartouche on the right butt? Mine is dated 1901. Info was hard to find and not too much at that. Did find this, Steyr only made two thousand of this model. Then the Dutch arsenal Hembrug took up manufacture. The caliber should be 6.50X53R Dutch. I believe commercial loads are impossible to find, bought some from a member who has vintage stuff dated '37 and '39. Clean and supposed to be sure fire.

Quality is exceptional, one of the slickest actions I have ever handled. There were hand guards for these, but seem to be scarcer than the carbine. Have read that they were maybe not even issued with them. That's about all I could find. Really like this design, very handy and shoulders perfectly. Good find.

LB

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great info LB. It is a slick little carbine. Lenscrafter, the grips look just like the ones pictured for the 35p in my Standard Catalog of Military book.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Was this a collection, or was this grandpa's bringbacks (minus the obvious ones) that all got sold off today? Nice haul either way. I couldn't run a gun shop...I would have a hard time selling off the "keeper" kind...

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There were 8 guns total ( plus cash ) traded on pistol i had. 8th gun was a Thompson Cougar Hunter that went straight to the shelf. Nirvana , very hard move to make - I have about 160 guns unpriced because they I don't know how to value them.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Great info LB. It is a slick little carbine. Lenscrafter, the grips look just like the ones pictured for the 35p in my Standard Catalog of Military book.
I don't have and trust much that catalogue, but can assure you that grips are not the factory ones. I would also check each firearm for cold blueing- from pictures it is hard to tell condition of finish: is it 50% or 80%

·
Registered
369 Posts
Rick , you gonna be at the shop Sunday? My employers seem to think we don't need Saturdays off anymore...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts