Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found two very unusual cartridges in a bucket of range brass given by a friend recently.

Two live rounds of 7.92x33. No fired brass, though.

The headstamp is, in both cases:

St 2 44 oxo

Casings and slugs are steel. They've acquired a bit of patina from weather and exposure, cases slightly rusty, but are in good shape otherwise. Of all the types of live rounds to find, 7.92x33!

Does anybody know what the headstamp might mean? Year of manufacture, factory?

·
Copper Bullet member
9,815 Posts
"oxo" was the German wartime code for Teuto Metallwerke G.m.b.H., Osnabrück, Germany. Thet were made in 1944.

·
Registered
9 Posts
7.92x33 ammo box

Francis,
I add a picture from the box .In this box you find the oxo St 2 44 rounds with steel primer.

Norbert
I am always looking for boxes for my collection and pics from labels for my book about the development and production of the German Kurzpatrone 43 m.E. ( 7.92x33) Label Font

Found two very unusual cartridges in a bucket of range brass given by a friend recently.

Two live rounds of 7.92x33. No fired brass, though.

The headstamp is, in both cases:

St 2 44 oxo

Casings and slugs are steel. They've acquired a bit of patina from weather and exposure, cases slightly rusty, but are in good shape otherwise. Of all the types of live rounds to find, 7.92x33!

Does anybody know what the headstamp might mean? Year of manufacture, factory?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.