Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am purchasing my first Japanese rifle, a type 99 in 7.7. I will eventually reload my own ammo but would like to get some commercial ammo I can reload if it's reasonable. The seller suggested I use 30-06 and resize to 7.7 and save the expense of purchasing the 7.7 brass. I found Privi and Norma brass to purchase new if I choose that route. Grafs had a few choices for loaded ammo included PCI brand? Has anyone tried this ammo and is it reloadable? I have about 800 bullets(Sierra, Hornady, Nosler) to reload 303 and from what I've read these can be used for the 7.7 as well. I also have 1,800 rnds of Bulgarian HB 7.62X54R I was planning to breakdown and reuse the bullets and powder for 303.
So, recommendations for brass, new ammo, new brass or resize 30-06?
Any favorite loads that you can share the data on will be very appreciated.
Bullet recommendations, I have both 150 Gr and 174 gr .311 and .312 bullets already. The Bulgarian are 182 gr but will probably only use tem for 303.
I will probably purchase another type 99 rifle and plan to keep 200 or so loaded rounds on hand.
Thanks in advance for you feedback, Ken

·
Silver Bullet member
2,477 Posts
I suppose it all how depents on how much you intent to shoot the rifle but as I have a lot of other guns to shoot I only bought 100 Grafs cases, I think for about $27.00, and use a 150 gr 311 bullet with a light charge of 37 grs of 3031 powder. It's a light load and nice and easy to shoot and fairly accurate. I neck size only so those cases will last a long time, Ray

1 - 2 of 2 Posts