Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
re german occupation mfg 7.65 pistol

it is my understanding that this pistol was produced with and without exposed hammer. the hammerless version was produced for the Wehrmacht and the version with the exposed hamer was a kreigsmarine(german navy) contract. I believe that approximately 15000 of ech type was produced for the German armed forces. Subsequent to this contract(am not sure if it was druing the War or post war the hammer model continued to be produced for police use)(French North African colonies,France??,French indochina??)

If its German contract production there will be a swastica on the Bbl and a Waffenamt on right side of the frame to the rear of the grips. IF you fieldstrip the pistol you will see the same matching production number stamped on the frame,the bbl and the slide. this should be a 3 digit number that does not correlate to the SN of the gun. If these 3 numbers are the same then your gun is a matching gun. Kreigsmarine regulations stated that every officer in occupied territory had to carry a sidearm. I believe that the Navy varient was primarily issued to German Navy officers stationed in France.(this is just my guess and have no data to back up this statement.) By the way the original magazines are hard to find and differ slightly from the later 9 shot Unique magazine(these later magazines will work in my gun)However the bottom of the floorplate on the unique magaines may be slightly thicker than the original magazines and you may have to grind the bottom of the floorplate with a dremel tool slightly to enable the magazine catch to function correclty. Since original holsters for this gun are hard to find and very pricey, I have found that a post war E German makarov holster fits my gun correctly and is the correct WW-2 style.

wc56

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re longines pistol

Re parts needed- try bobs gun parts in ark and gunclips .com,
sarco and possibly gunparts(formerly numerich arms),also gunborker auctions might have a bbl and clip. Iwould google search for longines and see what comes up on the internet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.