Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Tracer really dried up after 4 Nov. I've bought some from Ammunition To Go in the past but after the election all of it is just flat out gone. I also got a couple hundred rounds of it on Gunbroker. Gunbroker is your best bet to find some. Another thought is to buy some pulled US .308 tracer bullets and reload them into 7.62X54R cases.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Tracer really dried up after 4 Nov. I've bought some from Ammunition To Go in the past but after the election all of it is just flat out gone. I also got a couple hundred rounds of it on Gunbroker. Gunbroker is your best bet to find some. Another thought is to buy some pulled US .308 tracer bullets and reload them into 7.62X54R cases.
Been doing this for 25 + years. I also found a way to load the long M62 tracer into 7,62x39 cases that functions flawlessly without overpressure. I have used these tracers in 7,65 arg , 303 brit and 7,7 jap by using a 30 cal expander on the die decap rod and crimping bullet once seated. Worked like a charm and accuracy was always good.

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
I orederd a dozen cases of Czech LPS a couple years ago from J&G sales, and one was nothing but green tipped tracer.The wooden case was the same, it was the tin inside that had a green stripe that let me open it outta curiosity. Lots of fun to shoot from my SVT on NewYears.... and only 62$ for the 800 rd case, then......~LOL!~

You dont always know what you got till you open it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.