Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 5K rounds of Czeck Training Ammo and I want to pull about 1k bullets from them and
install them in 303 cases. Back in the 70's, the Aussie unit that I was attached to in Nam gave me a mint Enfield No. 1 MkIII* Parade Rifle! It has been in the safe for almost 40 yrs. It is the only non-Comm Block milsurp rifle that I have. I have been collecting Russian rifles for 50 years. Any thoughts on this?
Cheers
Doc

·
Gold Bullet member
4,427 Posts
I concur, the bullets probably won't pull well. Better to use pistol bullets. Besides, that training ammo's very pricey on the resale market. Saying you've got thousands of rounds just made half the forum cringe with regret and the other half jealous.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input! I am aproaching 64 years of age and I am trying to keep up with the Grand Sons at the range! It's a joy on thier faces when Grand Pa shoots the M-38 and the M-44 and can keeps up with them all
day long. They want to shoot the Enfield the Aussies gave me and so do I, but I want to make it as painless
as possible. Keep the info coming!!!!
Cheers
Doc
Note: I did fined a sight that was selling 303 training ammo ( 8 rounds for ten bucks ) Well! they can go choak thier chicken!!!!

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I have made a lot of light 'plinking' loads for my various .303 rifles over the years......32 caliber pistol bullets work quite well,as do pulled projectiles from 7.62x39 FMJ.The one I use the most now is a cast bullet from Lee's 7.62x39 bullet mold (160 gr bullet).Works really well in front of a modest charge of red dot powder,and has little 'kick'.I actually use the same bullet in my Hungarian 91/30 and with the rear sight set for 400 yds it shoots exactly to the point of aim at 60 yards....would be great for small game hunting at that range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.