Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been offered 900 rounds of 7.62x51 Nato ammo. I haven't seen it yet so I don't know what the headstamp is. The guy says it is marked as a product of Malayasia.

Anyone have any info based on the little information I have?

Thanks.

Joe

·
Registered
248 Posts
Not particularly accurate, but clean and no problems

Decent stuff. Some 10 years ago a gun club I belong to had a bunch.

What more do you need to know?

CDD

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Good ammo, but make sure it is Malaysian not Indonesian. The Malay is MUCH better and will have MAL in the Headstamp. PINDAD is Indonesian and very pretty looking...but groups at 100yards like 00 Buckshot from a Cylinder Choke.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,597 Posts
Same happened to me with the chinese 7.62x51, could not hit a cow at 50 yds, and due to its low price I bought a lot.It also leaves the muzzle so dirty that you have to spend ten patches to clean it properly

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Malayasian 7.62 Nato

I was wondering what the Malay stuff is selling for. The owner doesn't know and neither do I.
Thanks for the info on the headstamp.

Thanks.

Joe

·
Registered
655 Posts
Grab whatever 7.62 NATO ammo now, supply is hard to find nowadays. SInce 2001 with war and CHina/India's boom, it will never be the same. This is the 21 st Century , gone the days of cheap stuff.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lot 29 MAL 8-83 ammo

I picked the ammo up tonight. There is three 300 round ammo cans. It is MAL hesdspaced and is excellent looking ammo. Looks brand new. It is dated 8-83. Plus 60 rounds of FNM, also 80's dated.

I think I got a pretty good deal. $175.00 for it all.

Joe

·
Registered
320 Posts
Great price, Joe! I still have several belts of the MAL 7.62x51 ammo downstairs. Bought it about 5 years ago and, IIRC, it proved to be excellent ammo.

Kim

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,177 Posts
If it's Indonesian or Malaysian ammo, it's not NATO spec. Same with South African ammo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts