Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 4 Posts

· Gold Bullet member
301 Posts
Clark- You say the broomhandle is built stronger than cz-52's and tokarev's can you elaborate more. Is it that broomhandles are built from "solid steel" (laymans terms). for long term durability etc. Hence imported ones from China still in existence after years of possibly being used with the 7.62 Soviet. The cz-52 uses the roller locking system borrowed from the Germans and the Czech's used a heavier loading for them in 7.62 soviet. So are you saying it is; material usage or design or both,with regards to these different guns?

· Gold Bullet member
301 Posts
Clark- So an aftermarket barrel should do the trick. A lot of Cz-52's were built in the 50's and refurbished in the 70's and 80's. I wonder when they were refurbished how many if not all recieved new barrels and of those how many were of faulty hardness. The cz-52's imported in the early 90's at least to me seemed better. The latest crop appear rougher. Also with mil-surps when these were in service they were sometimes continualy gone over by trained armorers in that particular weapon and inspected, with parts replaced at intervals. Now these retirees; are used and used in some cases with the only maintenance is a rub down with Wally's wonder wipe.

· Gold Bullet member
301 Posts
With regards to Venturino claiming he meant the interchange between the 2 cartridges was pertaining to the ppsh-41. Regardless of what gun it is used in these are 2 seperate cartridges; yes very close dimensionely, but different with regards to their loadings, that's the part that that can be potentialy dangerous. Anyone these days owning a class 3 ppsh-41 I am shure are educated and would know the difference and would not be shooting .30 mauser in one possibly do to what amafrank stated;would not function properly do to it's weaker loading. Also it is possible however remote that someone will only read his article on the ppsh-41 and about the interchange statement and start shooting 7.62 x25 surplus in broomhandles based on his testament. I don't beleive Mr. Venturino is purposely writing to 'cause any potential accidents and what he does write is making sense to him, but with any writing you do have to watch how it is worded,it can mean different things to different people.

1 - 3 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.