Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
845 Posts
That's a really stupid mistake for someone in the business to make. Yeah -- you can put .30 Mauser through later designs, but running standard .30 Tokarev through a .30 Mauser is an invitation to disaster. And it's not much comfort to me that there are a lot more .30 Tokarev chambered guns out there on the ranges right now because guns chambered for .30 Mauser and .30 Luger are very commonly inherited by people who have little idea what they've got. Those folks are prime candidates for choosing the wrong ammo. Really don't know how much of that hot ammo a C-96 might be expected to handle before breaking the bolt block and launching the bolt into the shooter's face, but some guns in poor repair might give way immediately.

· Registered
845 Posts
9.3 -- you know, the guy's got something there. You could take an old rifle barrel with a bad throat or some other localized problem and cut a TT-33 barrel out of it. I guarantee that if you were determined you could do the entire job with nothing more than a vise, a hacksaw, a good millBastard file, some swiss/needle type files, and a hand drill. Just go slow, recheck your work often, and use the tools you know best. That TT-33 I've been modifying? Nothing but a Dremel and some swiss files. I don't even have a vise here. Left it in the mountains, where I've been making glacial progress on a Pennsylvania long rifle. Sound like a challenge? It is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.