Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to replenish my stock of 7.62 X 25 ammo. I see SOG has 800 round cans of surplus, but AIM has 50 round boxes of Privi Partizan HP for $16.25 in quantity. Cost per round is similar. What would be the best choice here?

·
Copper Bullet member
9,815 Posts
If the price is not an issue, I would always get the reloadable/non-corrosive stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
I would like to replenish my stock of 7.62 X 25 ammo. I see SOG has 800 round cans of surplus, but AIM has 50 round boxes of Privi Partizan HP for $16.25 in quantity. Cost per round is similar. What would be the best choice here?
a nickel a round more for HP isn't bad and prvi hps work for me.the tins aren't worth it for lead core even if storing long term plus the cases should be reloadable even if they get nicked a little.

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
Easy choice.

If you reload, there is only one correct answer here.

If you do NOT reload, you can still sell the recovered brass and make up the price difference.

The only difference is if you do not buy the surplus, you don't eventually end up with the empty ammo can that has about 1000 uses.

Personally, I would get some of each. It is sometimes nice to have some 'fire and forget' (not reloadable) ammunition to use.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
What do you plan to run it in? I haven't tried Prvi HPs, but Wolf Gold HP was 100% non-functional in my TT33. They just wouldn't feed, but I have heard from CZ52 shooters who didn't have the problem. I'm sure my Wolf Gold was either made by Prvi or S&B.

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
AIM has Prvi FMJ for $15.75 a box. It WILL FEED in your pistol, it is NONCorrosive, it is boxer primed, and it is 60 years newer than SOGs surplus ammo.

You say, "cost per round is similar"? Is this a hard decision to make, really?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.