Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
9,278 Posts
It's Czech ammo, made in 1953. Usually a bit hotter than other flavors of Tokarev surplus. Best if shot in TTs or SMGs.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,868 Posts
It's Czech ammo, made in 1953. Usually a bit hotter than other flavors of Tokarev surplus. Best if shot in TTs or SMGs.

why not the cz-52?

and if you claim its because of all the reports of them blowing up, that was one gun with incorrectly loaded surplus bulgarian

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heard it was for the CZ 26 sub gun which had a magazine loader. Does it have a greater value than normal pistol ammo?

·
Copper Bullet member
192 Posts
Lots of failure to fire in my 52's but the Polish Tok I have eats them up.
The ammo is hot with some big booms on occasion.
I got some really cheap back in the day but I don't want any more of it.

·
Copper Bullet member
9,278 Posts
bch, more than one CZ has had issues with hot ammo, especially with the rollers and roller recesses. That area seems to develop cracks at a rate that has convinced me to avoid the pistols. My TTs eat everything, and I have never seen a report of a TT having pressure issues; slide, frame, or barrel.

gunny, in my opinion, as a shooter and cartridge collector, that ammo has less value than other surplus Tokarev fodder. However, some less-than-honest folks are selling Czech surplus as rare AP ammo, which it is not, and asking high prices for it.

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,911 Posts
Oh no... this ammo again

This ammo tends to cause a lot of consternation on these boards... the debate as to whether the CZ or TT can handle it better, is it hot, is it armor piercing, is it better and so on which usually spiral out of control.

My observations, and no further: Junk. I bought the stuff for a CZ and half the ammo went off 1 click, about 1/3 in two, and the rest just did not go off even after 3 or 4 hammer strikes. I don't care how great it is, it pissed me off. The clips are cool though.

·
Copper Bullet member
9,278 Posts
Just to clarify, it is not armor-piercing ammo. It has a mild steel core as a cost-saving measure, as steel is cheaper than lead. It was not made as, or used as AP ammo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts