Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see in the December email from Century that they have 7.62 training ammo on sale.I was wondering if this was the same stuff in the current SG catalog? With the cost of real 7.62 so high, I thought this might be one to jump on. Anybody have any experiance with this? thanks

· Registered
8,612 Posts
You did mean 7.62x51mm NATO, right? Yes...shoots a 12gr plastic bullet at 3500fps to 4000fps or so.... NOT A TOY! Accurate enough for plinking at 100yards or less....good for varmints up close...LOUD as a regular round....will not cycle semi Auto weapons without modification.

What is the Century Part #?? Is it really CHEAP? It was about a nickle a round last time they had it.

· Gold Bullet member
2,934 Posts
If it's the blue stuff, it works great in my bolt actions. Haven't tried it yet in my M1A. No recoil and very accurate in my indoor range. Got mine from Dan's Ammo and I need more.

· Gold Bullet member
2,934 Posts
If it's the blue stuff, it works great in my bolt actions. Haven't tried it yet in my M1A. No recoil and very accurate in my indoor range. Got mine from Dan's Ammo and I need more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.