Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yikes! Too much for me. Aim used to have it for $13.95 per if you bought 10 or more boxes. I wish they would get more of the surplus that they were selling last year, it was corrosive but at 6.79 a box it was worth it.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I have a few thousand rounds of Syrian 7.5 French surplus that has always been sure fire for me. I never had a misfire or hang fire and I have shot a few thousand rounds of it. It has always been kept in cool dry storage. Cool may seem like an oxymoron for Arizona but I live in the central highland mountains at 5900 feet and it is 20-30 degrees cooler than the Phoenix or Tucson and the house is air conditioned. The kicker is I haven't fired any in a few years. I'll try some out and take a video of it being fired. If it is still viable i'll post some of it for sale. Otherwise I will not.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I loaded up when they had French 7,5 surplus (made in France) at AIM. I can't say enough about AIM because they are a great dealer to order from on the internet with an 03 FFL (rifles and ammunition). Good luck finding anything at the moment. I have asked about this a few times in order to help find ammo, good luck... You can try ammoseek, and search that caliber. I have been very shy to the idea of reloading, but it is becoming more of a reality with the "ammo crisis." PRVI seems to ship .308 and .223 because it is in high demand.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Agree, regarding AIM. They are one of four places (the others being SG Ammo, Midway USA, and Palmetto State Armory) I get most of my ammo. I've also bought a few firearms from them, and have had nothing but postive experiences with them.

·
Registered
20,613 Posts
If you are going to reload, you can use 6.5x55 Swedish brass and reform the neck to .308 from 6.5..I have done this for years and mark the bases with red magic marker so I know..
Why not just buy the brass from Grafs ? No fuss and no muss. RVI PARTIZAN BRASS 7.5x54 FRENCH UNPRIMED 100/BAG
Our Price: $54.99.

GO price 6.5 Swede brass at Grafs (no conversion drama involved ) and the price is...Item #: PPU65X55
Price: $51.99.

Lets see...$3 more for perfect 7.5 French Prvi brass.....I think the math speaks for itself

·
Gold Bullet member
614 Posts
Your math is outstanding milprileb!! What I was trying to do was reload with brass that I already had from my Swede and still feed my French rifles on the cheap that's all..You can always find 6.5x55 brass at a gun show but not so much with 7.5 French..

·
Registered
20,613 Posts
Tony, right and I understand what and why you laid out how you do that with Swede cases. It makes sense .

However , many don't know factory made brass is now available and where to get it. The days when the only real way
to shoot 7.5 French was roll your own brass has come and gone. Same can be said for 7.5 Swiss and for 762x54R calibers.
Privi makes even 7.7 Japanese brass.

I have long ago put away my reforming dies to shoot foreign calibers. I buy the Privi brass and save myself the effort making my own brass.

Parting shot: Sometimes if reloading is your hobby , you do things that don't have to make sense time wise and end up reforming cases because you want to do it...is all the reason why it makes sense. What the hell, its snowing, I got a ton of 3006 brass and why not make me up some 8mm Mauser brass.....nice afternoon project. Why....why not ???

·
Registered
20,613 Posts
Bill, done that , easy to do . I got a brass tube cutter to cut off excess neck length after I size the 3006 case through the 7.5 sizing die. This saves me a ton of trimmer time.

still.. buying new 7.5 French caliber factory Prvi brass is a very fine option.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.