Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found this one yesterday for a price I couldn't pass up. It's a pretty nice condition M38 T.S. that's in the much less common 7.35 chambering. Biggest downsides are some minor pitting/discoloration and dings in spots from corrosion and use and the front barrel band screw is missing (both of which are only minor detractors IMO, so it's a pretty nice piece). The online part sources seem to be out, but does anyone here have a spare they could sell me? If not, I'll likely start scouring the local parts guys at gun shows. Please let me know what you think about this thing.

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet member
12,075 Posts
You must sell it to me! ;) I have been looking for a nice example for more than 25 years.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Nice one and it is navy marked to boot.
I'm a bit of a Carcano noob. Which one's the Navy mark?

edit: Never mind; I figured out that it's the mark on the stock that's a shield in a circle.

You must sell it to me! ;) I have been looking for a nice example for more than 25 years.
OH SNAP! I found a WW2 rifle you don't own! Question: Do you also not own one of these (bottom one in the pic)?

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet member
12,075 Posts
Enfield carbine? No you got me on that one too!

PS: I really would be interested in purchasing that Carcano if you ever want to sell. Please keep me in mind. :)

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Then there's still only one other of those cut-down CBI M1917's that I know of in the US. I seem to have been consistently hitting the WW2 carbine jackpot in the past year or so. I blame the 31M that started it and the fortune cookie I got.

As for selling it, IDK. I may be open to trades in the future. I'll definitely keep it in mind though.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, there are different configurations of Regia Marina (Italian Royal Navy) symbol found on TS Carcano, Gioche

View attachment 758047 View attachment 758048 View attachment 758049 View attachment 758050 View attachment 758051

Cool, thanks.

Is there significance to different numbers being indie the shield, signifying a unit or ship perhaps? The one one mine appears to be like the second from the left, but with what appears to be 17 rather than 49 being in it as in your pictures.

·
Diamnd Bullet member
410 Posts
Nice find!

I do have the band screw, it's a little worn but still tightens OK. If you want it PM me your mailing address.

BTW, the screw size is M3.75X.8 and is not a common size you will find in a hardware store.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
kanister, great detective work. I will provide a translation on this thread, at least of the appropriate portions, as soon as I can find a little "spare" time. This is great stuff! Thanks again, mille grazie, canister. Ralph

·
Diamnd Bullet member
410 Posts
kanister, great detective work. I will provide a translation on this thread, at least of the appropriate portions, as soon as I can find a little "spare" time. This is great stuff! Thanks again, mille grazie, canister. Ralph
Ralph, after your translation you may want to ask the moderater to post it as a sticky. This way it won't get buried in the shuffle of other post.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts