Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading through the thread on someone being taken, I figured I would post my 6th series Nagoya for your feedback. It was sold to me as all matching, which, to my untrained eye, it appears. I paid what I think is a fair price, and it is by no means mint, but as of now I am happy with it. These are the pictures the seller sent me, I have verified the bolt is all matching, even though it is not in the pictures.

Also, I am looking to pick up Military Rifles of Japan as that seems to be the first book you should get. Would much of the transitions and ways to determine correct parts be found in there? Also, any suggestions on where to pick this book up?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
My 6th series has a matched bolt with the barrel shaped knob and one-way safety checkering. No monopod or AA sights either.

Does your bolt have the last three digits of the serial # stamped on the bottom of the handle and on the end of the extractor? On the stem of the safety knob?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bolt is matching on the handle, extractor, safety and firing pin. There is a picture shown with the extractor and handle. I believe this to be correct, but figured I would see what the experts here thought.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
The bolt is matching on the handle, extractor, safety and firing pin. There is a picture shown with the extractor and handle. I believe this to be correct, but figured I would see what the experts here thought.
Everything but the safety matches on my 6th series. We are at the point of where the manufacturing short cuts began on the type 99 and the bolt was simplified on the 9xxxx rifles. The 90K rifle doesn't even have the slots to screw in the missing AA wings on the rear sight. Not quite as crude as a last ditch variant either...

·
Silver Bullet member
15,654 Posts
MROJ can be bought from the author.

Check out the where to find, books and other stuff sticky at the top of the forum. Amazing what you can find there, page down 6 or 8 topics and there it will be.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you 03Man! I had looked there before, but never went below the link, and I found nothing for purcahsing the book there.

Any other feedback on the rifle? Anything that stands out as out of place?

·
Silver Bullet member
15,654 Posts
Not sure from reading your post if you found it this time or not:

Military Rifles of Japan by Fred Honeycutt and F. Patt Anthony. A "must" book for anyone serious about collecting Japanese rifles.
To purchase, send a $42. check or money order to:
Fred Honeycutt
5282 Ridan Way
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida 33418

1 - 8 of 8 Posts