Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Slightly 'on topic', as this is US gear, and there's no real 'equipment' thread that I know about...
Anyhow, I got a Vietnam era (manf. 1968) Parachutist bag
and for the life of me, I can't get the thing to secure into a rifle case. It's obvious that it's supposed to be backpack style, with two shoulder straps, but there are about 4 straps that I don't know how to properly secure. Anyone have experience, or know where to find some instructions? The Google isn't helping me a lot with this one.

ETA: I think I've got it now. Couldn't find much info on this one.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Start looking on Ebay and other similar sites for training pubs in the Militaria category.

I think you will find it in Rigger training material.

G

·
0 Posts
I have one I use as a shooting mat. Love it. It is a little hard to strap in the case. They make good range mats.

JIM

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
sounds like a version of the old griswold container.
It ain't a backpack. It's to be strapped to the side of an actual paratooper who is really going to parachute from an aircraft.
I just got back from the Kokomo Vietnam vet's reunion, about 30,000 vets in attendance.
There were some reenactors making fools out of themselves "portraying" real soldiers.
Prancing about making a game out of things we all wished we hadn't had to do. Pretty insulting, actually.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts