Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
9,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
This discussion has opened up over on the Italian Weapons Forum:
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthr...six-slice-pie-quot-mark&p=2981294#post2981294

If I recall correctly, this same marking or something very much like it has been found on MNs. I have no idea what it is, and offer no suggestions beyond linking the two fora in order to compare examples. '6 slice pie' is only a descriptive moniker, and not an official term. On a humorous note, it also has nothing to do with 'Big Trouble in Little China' movie references, either ("Jack, Seven Demon Bag!!!") ;)

Best,
Pat

·
Registered
891 Posts
I don't have a 6 slice pie, but I do have a lattice pie stamp. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Very interesting, certainly. The Albanian communists, Yugoslav Tito forces, and Bulgarians post-WWII supported the Greek communist Democratic Army or "DSE" in the Greek Civil War.

Δημοκρατικός Στρατός Ελλάδας, DSE (ΔΣΕ)
The KKE communist party and DSE cockade or roundel was a blue and white with a black letter Delta or /_\ for "democracy" and "republic."

Don't know if, whether, or how it might relate to a "Balkan" six-piece pie mark in any way, shape, or form of course. Even murkier if one of the wood stock marks turned up in an Italian colonial AOI rifle that never left Africa... (Albania was an Italian colony and so too Libya, Eritrea and Somalia... briefly Ethiopia....) Another mystery!

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
9,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very interesting, certainly. The Albanian communists, Yugoslav Tito forces, and Bulgarians post-WWII supported the Greek communist Democratic Army or "DSE" in the Greek Civil War.

Δημοκρατικός Στρατός Ελλάδας, DSE (ΔΣΕ)
The KKE communist party and DSE cockade or roundel was a blue and white with a black letter Delta or /_\ for "democracy" and "republic."

Don't know if, whether, or how it might relate to a "Balkan" six-piece pie mark in any way, shape, or form of course. Even murkier if one of the wood stock marks turned up in an Italian colonial AOI rifle that never left Africa... (Albania was an Italian colony and so too Libya, Eritrea and Somalia... briefly Ethiopia....) Another mystery!
One of the rifles shown by 5thDragoons in his thread I've linked to is from East Africa. Lots of different examples out there, even just among the '6 slice' variety.
Pat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.