Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nybody using the lighter 6.8 bullets for .270 deer hunting? i have seen several hints about using 100 or 110 gr. for deer in .270. most of the lighter wt. .270 that i have are more varmit type. just wondering if anyone is loading these for deer? i am in texas so not going to be any large northern type whittail. thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm not sure what the diameter of the 6.8 bullets are,I load 270 win ammo,and know their diameter is .277" If the 6.8s are of a larger diameter ,I would suggest ,you don't do it ! your firearm just might self destruct, be careful!

·
Gold Bullet member
1,234 Posts
nybody using the lighter 6.8 bullets for .270 deer hunting? i have seen several hints about using 100 or 110 gr. for deer in .270. most of the lighter wt. .270 that i have are more varmit type. just wondering if anyone is loading these for deer? i am in texas so not going to be any large northern type whittail. thanks
If you can find a lighter weight soft point bullet I would say it would work But I see no advantage in this over using a standard weight 130 gr .277 bullet BTW why do you want to go with a lightweight bullet anyways? Just wondering:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts