Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Carcano M91 Moschetto di Cavaleria
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had purchased the rifle from Classicfirearms.com but for some reason the government denied the sale.

So I was scouring the internet for Ammo for the M91 Carabine and found only 1 box of 200 rounds of ammo on sale,
it was shipped to me in a box of 10 single boxes holding 20 rounds each.

It was expensive for sure, but I am now looking for ways to sell the ammo, if anyone is interested please message me.

223055m4_ts.jpg

·
Registered
95 Posts
You can try posting it in the WTS sell section here. I bought the same package as you a few weeks ago. I might be interested but I don’t know if you’d be able to ship it for the same price you and I both paid for it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You can try posting it in the WTS sell section here. I bought the same package as you a few weeks ago. I might be interested but I don’t know if you’d be able to ship it for the same price you and I both paid for it.
I have been looking everywhere for this ammo, after hitting every site i could find a single 200 round case was available all over the internet. My main issue is that I purchased a M91 Carabine mfg date 1917 but for some unkown reason the gov denied the ffl transfer. I don't even think these need an FFL outright but cannot understand why as I have purchased other rifles in the past without any issue.

I also bought 2 Brass Clips that are still in the sealed bag and I can't use them either.
ORIGINAL ITALIAN ARMY ISSUE CARCANO RIFLE BRASS STRIPPER CLIPS. SET OF 2 PIECES.

Just message me, we can see if we can work something out.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
What government refused to do what? The whole rest of the USA allows sale of these guns, even Kalifornia. I see an American flag next to your name, so; I assume this is USA and not Canada.

I know it does not matter as far as your ammo and clip sale goes. Curious minds - as they say.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I’m assuming his background check was denied. His profile says Arizona. Not sure if they use NICS or not there. In PA we have PICS. If you are denied I think you can file an appeal and they have 45 days to tell you what the problem is. I could be wrong on that process though. It can happen if your name is similar to someone who is prohibited.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
That is a bummer. If true, he could not buy any fire arms (from a dealer). I always include my SS number on the form. I dont recall if that gets used when the FFL calls it in. It should help prevent some potential mix up with the names. Then I would not want to under estimate the likelihood of government errors. That possibility could be another plus for holding a C&R.

In that case perhaps a family member could have completed the purchase and held the gun until the matter was cleared up.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Being prohibited and having a similar name to someone who is prohibited are two different things. If he is truly not prohibited then he needs to get it straightened out. Having a similar name doesn’t make him prohibited. If something has happened to make him prohibited though since his last purchase then a C&R won’t matter. Prohibited is prohibited, C&R or not. The thing I’m curious about is that he posted in the serial number thread about the serial number he received. I’m wondering how he got the serial or why he posted it if he was denied. It’s all just speculation though until he chimes in if he cares to explain which he may not.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
You know what, actually after reading all the replies, I am thinking there is a person with the same exact name in Phoenix who was arrested on Gun waiving charges, that may be the reason, but what is weird is that I purchased a CZ512 just two years ago without any Issue. I will have to visit that angle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts