Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still new to my 1924 M96 and this board. My rifle is all matching and I want to keep it in good shape. I want to shoot some of the 6.5mm gallery ammo in it. I have heard that it may be corrosive because it is Berdan primed. Would it be OK to shoot this and just make sure it is cleaned after shooting? Should I not shoot it at all? :confused:

·
Platinum Bullet Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, this is where the newbie problems start. I don't understand exactly what projectile was saying about taking the powder out and such. The problem is I have never reloaded anything except "little mama" (5 times). It is not his fault I have "ole timers diseae". In Dana's book the gallery rounds, the m/12, were used in the kammarkarbiner. This is the cartridges I have. The end is marked with a 4-K-4 and nothing else. I have just heard they were corrosive. Also is there a place I can obtain the m/44 military gallery rounds?

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
2,660 Posts
There is no other gallery ammo available anywhere of any type. The m/44 was never imported into the U.S. far as I know.

I'm going to delete the note by "projectile" as it confuses the issue and addresses something not of this thread.
Disregard his note entirely.

Gallery m/12 is non-corrosive. Clean normally.

4 - K - 4 means Ammunitionsfabrik Karlsborg made in 1944. The m/12 were made from fired cases so the dates are all over the place.

The m/12 gallery ammo isn't viable beyond 25 yds or so. It'll make it to 50 yds but it wasn't made for distance. It makes a loud boom so wear earplugs but it won't penetrate a piece of 1/4" plywood or less. But don't shoot any living thing with it. It'll proably break the skin and severely sting.

Dutchman

·
Platinum Bullet Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never shoot anything I don't intend to kill; to better that I never point at anything I don't intend to shoot. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Dutchman: do you know what was the original distance at which kammarpatroner were intended to be used in exercise? 15 metres?

Carcano

1 - 8 of 8 Posts