Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have photos of any of these big bore bruisers - or soldiers/hunters armed with them? If so, could you contact me or post them here.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Heres a picture of my 577 KRUPP revolver its stamped 577 and im just in the process of getting ready to shot it.
its a 5 shot gun
It shoots a .600 Dia bullet about 450 Gr weight Im useing 24 ga shotgun brass to make the short fat Cases.
Should be a hoot to shoot!

Click on pic to enlarge

·
Registered
140 Posts
Heres a picture of another Krupp with a 45 Colt inside the big 577 Chamber to give you and idea of the size of these Monster guns LOL

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You say they're made by Krupp (in Germany) or are they marked "Krupp Stahl" (Krupp steel)?

·
Registered
140 Posts
It looks like there made by Gilon a Belgian gun maker but i guess he bought the steel from Krupp and or Krupp sold the guns and had them proofed in Belgium which had the best proof houses in Europe at that time.
Anyway they got Belgian proofmarks and the word KRUPP on the barrel top.
Mine just has Krupp the other twin to mine has Krupp Revolver on its barrel top.

Mines a very well made gun. Heres another pic of the other side.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've got a nice, cased .577 Snider double-barrelled breechloading howdah by Rodda of Calcutta. Don't know how to post pictures on the site but could email some to you if you'd like.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts