Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a dozen of these strippers from Rick Reich when he had the MN package (clips and pouch $17 shipped), and I'm just curious if these are repro's or authentic.

Here's a picture of a stamping on the flat. It looks like a "T" in a triangle in a circle:

Here's a pic of a pair of them loaded with some Hungarian and Czech ST to show what I think!! are "fingers:"

Feedback from any of you knowledgeable folks is very appreciated!
Mike

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,799 Posts
They look original to me, but I am no expert. Most of the repros I have seen do not have the "fingers" cut on the ends.

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,380 Posts
Sorry, it's on the old new boards, or the new old boards. ;) I tried to paste it here, but it's not working out. Here's a link that will expire in a couple of days. http://www.gunboards.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=243504

Here's one of my replies in that thread:

I just compared a real Tikka clip and a reproduction Tikka clip. I'll probably have to take some pictures, but that's not happening tonight. The real one is very shiny and the repro is kind of dull and almost looks like it's galvanized or zinc. It feels slightly heavier. I also plan to weigh them, but unless you have a scale that goes to .1 grain I doubt you'll be able to judge them by that. The Tikka logos are indistinguishable from the "outside", but the on the repro clip it is visible on the inside where it is "stamped through" and this does not show on the original. The repro is ever so slightly more rough around the "upper corners" above the "fingers", but without one of each kind to compare I don't think you'd be able to tell. The repro feels like it has a coating on it, but nothing really cleaned off of it with Hoppes #9. The original is very slick feeling.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Clips

They are repros. I know the guy from China who imported them. They are a little stiff at first, but work them 2/3 times and they work fine. On th old board I had them for $5 for 5 clips. They do tarnish, not stainless, but don't break like the brass ones.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got them from Rick about 2 months ago, or so. He had them on the old boards in the Trader in a Mosin Special, including 2 packs of 6 strippers, plus the leather pouch. I went for it, because I just wanted one. I tried the stripper loaded with some Bulgarian HB, and it was kinda tough to push the rounds through it. They do fit the cut/paste you posted to a "T" so I'm thinking they're repros. They look galvanized, the stamping is visible on the inside and they're kinda rough around the edges. I don't think Rick claimed they were originals, but I just don't remember either way. He may have even declared that they were repro's up front, for all MY memory's worth...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the feedback, Ted and others. I appreciate it. I figured working them would make them work a little better, and they seem to be pretty substantial, so they should last a while. I'm intending to use them to make carrying ammo whilst hunting a bit easier and less noisy. I'm not really worried about their combat efficiency, but I would like for them to work smoothly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cool now I know where I can get some stripper clips. Thanks for reposting the link 7.62x54r :) I was about to actualy make a post asking on where I could find them lol.

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,380 Posts
Here's the original source, although he seems to be out at the moment. IIRC they were $9.99/ten and shipping wasn't too bad. http://www.johnmasen.com/index.html Look under "Miscellaneous" (but they're not there at the moment). BTW, the Mosin Nagant sling listed there isn't a Mosin Nagant sling, at least the one in the picture. Check AIM, Gunboards sponsor, if you need a sling. They have them in a set with other accessories for $10.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts