Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
While people are natural complainers, I think the Russian surplus ammo is a steal. There are only two rounds, 762x54, and 8mm mauser that can still be got reasonable. 30.06 is a ripoff. 308 is a thing of the past. I can remember buying it for 159.00 a thousand, now its nearly 50 cents a shot. Some new made stuff is way over that!! There is some cheap questionable russian 308, but the reviews put off buying it. All those fine rifles one cant afford to shoot anymore. I go through a can of silverball surplus via my m39 every couple weeks. I just get a couple wood cases at a time. I enjoy shooting so, but if it goes the way or 30.06, and 308, I might have to hang it on the wall, instead of enjoying it practicing.

·
Registered
537 Posts
There is ammo out there cheaper than cope. They showed 79.99 for 440 rounds. The 10.00 shipping is balanced out by the higher price of the ammo. Now I checked another place, the armory. It was super cheap, $136.00 for 880 rounds but get this.... They wanted 50.00 shipping and handling, for two cases! so there was really no bargain there. You got to count your change. Tomorrow Ill try AIM, and see their deal. Need a couple cases, maybe they will get my business. To the gentleman in canada,your getting ripped off. They have a cartel on the product. As the surplus dries up, and all we got is some modern production expensive stuff prices will go nuts here, just like it did when the mil surp 308 was all shot up. These are the good old days. Grab what you can get.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.