Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Curious, how much were StG 44 kits going for?
$4500+
The only one I remember looked as if the barrel was either in excellent shape or was a new replacement though. I never saw anyone hovering around the few kits that were there.

·
Silver Bullet Member
5,376 Posts
Havent heard anything about an altercation on Friday... What happened?
Second to the last shooting position on the west end was renting his guns out. Renter go all rambo and begins shooting wildly. Gun owner attempts to gain control of the gun during the course of a hundred round belt. Owner rips him away from the gun and throws shooter across a truck tool box and a pile of ammo cans. Shooter ends up on his back but pops up like a jack in the box. We were expecting blood at this point, but security was on the ball. Owner shoves the guy's money at him and security shows him the exit. It was more detailed than that, but it was quite the piece of action for under a minute of time. Sad scene, but the shooter had rambo written all over him.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Damn shame the shoot is now a thing of the past. I will remember my visits fondly.

·
Silver Bullet Member
5,376 Posts
Some folks were joking that this may be like the proverbial going out of business sale. But we can only hope that someone will be willing to take over all of the responsibilities and give it a chance to live again.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm local and take family when I go. This time my 300lb+ cousin after 20 years of no contact and I pushed the wheelchair...a bit sore. Tough going in gravel and mud, but he will have stories for years, I've heard a few of them.:)

Always a lot of young folks and just a few of them ninja lookers. Babies in cribs wearing earmuffs and never a blink from the gunfire, when adults are shocked and surprised by the blast. At lease we are born ready for anything.

·
Silver Bullet Member
5,376 Posts
I'm local and take family when I go. This time my 300lb+ cousin after 20 years of no contact and I pushed the wheelchair...a bit sore. Tough going in gravel and mud, but he will have stories for years, I've heard a few of them.:)

Always a lot of young folks and just a few of them ninja lookers. Babies in cribs wearing earmuffs and never a blink from the gunfire, when adults are shocked and surprised by the blast. At lease we are born ready for anything.
I saw a man in a tracked wheel chair down on the lower range. He told me he could go any where with it. THe thing looked a bit like a half track. It was pretty cool for 16,000$

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I saw a man in a tracked wheel chair down on the lower range. He told me he could go any where with it. THe thing looked a bit like a half track. It was pretty cool for 16,000$
I saw him in the century tent. Very neat, he was at the 8pm night shoot Friday and had his kid or newphew? Standing on the back to get a better view over everyone. If you got to be in a chair, why not a tracked vehicle! Very impressive.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Looks like it was fantastic!! I don’t think this will really be gone forever, there’s too much interest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
258 Posts
man in a tracked wheel chair
I just happened to get behind him going out through the crowd. Folks would move for wheelchairs but in darkness he had good lights and his walking friend said to follow them he'd lead the way. Not bad advice. I hope he knows I'm thankful. I got left behind when the best asphalt appeared.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Man I really wish I would have went. I got stuck at work. First time I could have gone... now last.
So many ww1 guns i need! Wow, ha I would have snatched that Madsen up

·
Registered
25 Posts
Use to go back a few years ago. Was a good time back in the day. Hopefully it comes back.

·
Registered
435 Posts
That Lahti in the picture (or one just like it) was in the store for sale this summer when I stopped by

·
Registered
1 Posts
Went today(Friday) and left a few hours ago after the last night shoot, heading back home.

Normally they have 15k visitors.. today they had 30k+ from what I was told which is to be expected. Tons of vendors and visitors. Long lines for everything(food 15+ minutes.. the road was backed up so far that people were waiting 3-4+ hours to get a spot.. many people parked 2-4 miles away and hiked in.. lucky for us we got a spot a mile away and the weather was enjoyable for the short walk!)

The shoot, especially the night shoot was impressive. The gun show part was entertaining but I left without anything.

What we saw.
Several G/K43 rifles from $3000(a Sporter from a walk in) to $10,000.
Several G41W rifles from $5000 to $10000
MANY German k98k rifles surprisingly.
10+ 91/30s and Finnish capture 91/30s. All $400-600.
A variety of Japanese Arisakas.
1895 Winchester Russian Contract(looked like a SCW rifle) $3800 with bayonet.. it was in OK shape.
Plenty of lugers, p38s, 1903 and 03a4 rifles.. tons of machine guns, saw many mp40 and mp44 parts kits, ppsh, AK kits and so on.

The ammo was everywhere but still panic price levels but it seemed to be selling quickly as people were hiking out with it on their shoulders.

Tons of maxims, Vickers, mg08s and mg15s and other post sample MGs. A TON of bayonets everywhere.

It was refreshing to see so much ww2 milsurplus again, it honestly made me think I was at a 2005 gun show until I looked at the price tags(which were not insane but certainly 2021 prices). It was also refreshing to see that 95% of the show was devoted to guns, ammo and parts.. very little tasers, Chinese swords and the other junk one expects from a show.

Neatest find where the two Lahti 20mm AT rifles. I didn't get the price on the first but the second one was in nice shape and only $11,500 and negotiable. If it had been in 50bmg I would have driven home with it.. I just couldn't imagine dropping 10k on something I'd then wait 12+ months for tyrant approval on.

Show was fun.. sad to see after 50 years it's done! I have a feeling someone will buy the owners operation and keep this awesome tradition going.. the smell, sound and experience at something every gun loving American needs to experience. Tomorrow is the last day! View attachment 3884225
View attachment 3884226
View attachment 3884227
View attachment 3884228

View attachment 3884230
View attachment 3884231
I went on Saturday. Very crowded that day also. I’d never been and wanted to experience it myself. I only live an hour and a half away but work had always kept me from going. I didn’t really go to buy anything but got a few small items. Im glad I got to go be amongst my kind of people and see, smell and hear the show. Sad that it’s ended.

·
Registered
292 Posts
$4500+
The only one I remember looked as if the barrel was either in excellent shape or was a new replacement though. I never saw anyone hovering around the few kits that were there.
This made my beer come out my nose!
Back in the mid 70's a friend had gotten a STG44 from an old lady, he asked me if I wanted it and I reluctantly said yes.
When I got it it was missing the bolt and spring, at the time parts and ammo were not around, so I contacted a class lll dealer and sold it to him for $350.00!

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
This made my beer come out my nose!
Back in the mid 70's a friend had gotten a STG44 from an old lady, he asked me if I wanted it and I reluctantly said yes.
When I got it it was missing the bolt and spring, at the time parts and ammo were not around, so I contacted a class lll dealer and sold it to him for $350.00!
Wanted to like your comment but I can't.
Sorry to hear that. :(

21 - 38 of 38 Posts