Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went today(Friday) and left a few hours ago after the last night shoot, heading back home.

Normally they have 15k visitors.. today they had 30k+ from what I was told which is to be expected. Tons of vendors and visitors. Long lines for everything(food 15+ minutes.. the road was backed up so far that people were waiting 3-4+ hours to get a spot.. many people parked 2-4 miles away and hiked in.. lucky for us we got a spot a mile away and the weather was enjoyable for the short walk!)

The shoot, especially the night shoot was impressive. The gun show part was entertaining but I left without anything.

What we saw.
Several G/K43 rifles from $3000(a Sporter from a walk in) to $10,000.
Several G41W rifles from $5000 to $10000
MANY German k98k rifles surprisingly.
10+ 91/30s and Finnish capture 91/30s. All $400-600.
A variety of Japanese Arisakas.
1895 Winchester Russian Contract(looked like a SCW rifle) $3800 with bayonet.. it was in OK shape.
Plenty of lugers, p38s, 1903 and 03a4 rifles.. tons of machine guns, saw many mp40 and mp44 parts kits, ppsh, AK kits and so on.

The ammo was everywhere but still panic price levels but it seemed to be selling quickly as people were hiking out with it on their shoulders.

Tons of maxims, Vickers, mg08s and mg15s and other post sample MGs. A TON of bayonets everywhere.

It was refreshing to see so much ww2 milsurplus again, it honestly made me think I was at a 2005 gun show until I looked at the price tags(which were not insane but certainly 2021 prices). It was also refreshing to see that 95% of the show was devoted to guns, ammo and parts.. very little tasers, Chinese swords and the other junk one expects from a show.

Neatest find where the two Lahti 20mm AT rifles. I didn't get the price on the first but the second one was in nice shape and only $11,500 and negotiable. If it had been in 50bmg I would have driven home with it.. I just couldn't imagine dropping 10k on something I'd then wait 12+ months for tyrant approval on.

Show was fun.. sad to see after 50 years it's done! I have a feeling someone will buy the owners operation and keep this awesome tradition going.. the smell, sound and experience at something every gun loving American needs to experience. Tomorrow is the last day!
Jeans Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Automotive design Wood Automotive tire Factory

Motor vehicle Bicycle fork Automotive tire Bicycle part Engineering

Sky Outerwear Hat Tree Crowd

Military camouflage Camouflage Helmet Military uniform Marines

Standing Building City Travel Event

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
NC,

I am green with envy!
I wanted to make the trip but was unable to...
Great report and nice pictures as well.....
I cant believe the crowd doubled in size, but I guess many people wanted to witness the end of an era....

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have a great video including night shooting from Knob Creek when my brother went there years ago and shot. Lots of fire and explosions at night. The amount of ammo used during a day at Knob Creek is probably about what is shot in the entire rest of the country in one day. Amazing.

Sorry to see history ending there also. Thanks for the great pictures!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Looks like Woodstock for us gun folks. Minus the brown acid of course. Hard to imagine 30+k people jammed into that area.
I hope someone does step up and keep this tradition alive and may it grow and prosper in the other areas as well. A strong statement of freedom IMHO.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Very interesting read and pictures. Oh the sweet smell of Freedom! Thanks for taking your time and effort to share your trip with us.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Picked up this SVT38 Finn capture on Thursday morning, but feeling sad since it was the last event....
Can I ask how much?
So I can be envious either way? If you can't say, at least tell us it was a good deal!

Congrats.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Wasn't able to make it this year but have been there many times in the past it is a fun show. Hope a few here were able to get some nice goodies. Still sad to see it go.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
It’s 1940 Tula, matching numbers on bolt carrier, receiver and TG. Paid less than the last two sold on GB. It was not cycling and the price reflected it. Brought it home, replaced recoil springs and now it works fine.
Finn captured?

·
Registered
310 Posts
It was also refreshing to see that 95% of the show was devoted to guns, ammo and parts.. very little tasers, Chinese swords and the other junk one expects from a show.
Made beer come out my nose from that.

For the last year and a half all the west coast gun shows, and I've been to 90% of them have been collection of mall ninja and dollar store leftovers to the point I've stopped going for the last 4.
Told all my travel buds and vendor friends I'm not driving 10 hours for a Mall ninja Flea market.

The icing on the cake was a gun show where it was half a gym court of tables and only 1 vendor had guns, and 1 other had ammo. Both were at 300% markup.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
That's about how the Indy 1500 show is anymore. Tables full of trinkets, kitchen knife sets, jewelry, vacuum cleaners, candy, furniture, camping gear, massage chairs I'm not kidding, and so much other crap. Occasionally you'll find a cool military gun but most the time it's tactical stuff and Military Surplus Gear for your Tactical needs.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pictures of the Shoot and all of the goodies. Always wanted to go but the stars never aligned. End of an era indeed. At least they went out with a bang. Frank

·
Premium Member
11,864 Posts
Made beer come out my nose from that.

For the last year and a half all the west coast gun shows, and I've been to 90% of them have been collection of mall ninja and dollar store leftovers to the point I've stopped going for the last 4.
Told all my travel buds and vendor friends I'm not driving 10 hours for a Mall ninja Flea market.

The icing on the cake was a gun show where it was half a gym court of tables and only 1 vendor had guns, and 1 other had ammo. Both were at 300% markup.
Sounds like a Big Top show.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 38 Posts