Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a 1934 dated M27 that I recently bought for $50 at a gun store. The bore was poor but cleaned up pretty good after rapid firing about 25 rounds through it. The front nosecap bolt was missing as well as the cleaning rod and the numbers don't match anywhere. It does shoot good though.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,821 Posts
Nice $50 purchase! What can you get for $50 these days especially in terms of firearms??? Congrats on a nice find

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters and Swords member
12,058 Posts
Probably a dumb question but isn't the front swivel on the wrong side of the stock? It seems like mine is on the right side (opposite the bolt knob) rather than the left.

Thanks! It is a great deal for $50 or even multiples of $50...

·
Registered
591 Posts
GREAT find!! You've got to be happy about that one, I'd be absolutely ecstatic about it. I don't have one with the sling swivel in the slot, but is that front swivel on the wrong side? Congrads.

·
Premium Member
105,519 Posts
Can't beat that price! Looks good too.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I found an m-27 at a gun show for $45 that needed a bolt and mag plate, follower and spring. Bought the needed parts from a friend for $25 and had a shooter ready to go. I didn't know I'de found a 27 and didn't know there was such a thing at the time.

·
Gold Bullet member
3,505 Posts
The stock is missing the gap between the tang an the stock. Check to see if the action in in the stock correctly. You may need to trim the stock a bit.
Looks like the tang in front of the magazine is properly fitted. If the action was too far back, shouldn't it gap at the front there? Not arguing that the rear isn't tight, that little splinter makes it obvious. Looks like the flake happened a long time ago though. BTW that's an interesting repair on the right side of the butt. Is it just one side, or all the way through?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the replies. OK, I have turned the front swivel around the other way. I had removed it when I cleaned the rifle and put it back turned the wrong way. The rear stock patch is to close up the original sling slot since these rifles use the M27 rear swivel on the bottom of the stock. So, yes, the patch does go all the way through the stock. Any idea what the marking is on the top of the rear tang?
Regards and Happy New Year,
Walker

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.