Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been offered some 30-06 cartridges that appear to be grenade launching cartridges. The guy has two types. One has the normal 5 star crimp and the other has a 6 star crimp. The guy claims that the 6 star crimp is a much stronger cartridge. I can not find any info about a 6 star crimp.

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
849 Posts
The crimp style really does not tell you much. US GBKs use a 5 petal crimp, but many foreign countries use five or six petal crimps on regular blank ammunition, not GBKs. What he is offering may not even be GBKs. Post pics of the cartridges if possible or at least headstamp and color marking info to help ID these cartridges.

AKMS

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It appears that these are commercial or at least reloaded blanks. There were no two headstamps the same and had dates ranging from 36 through late 70's. These blanks appear to be coming from a Eagles club that has no need for 3 to 5 thousand blanks any more.

Robert

·
Registered
849 Posts
With mixed headstamps like that, they are most likely just regular blanks. If they were made for or by a movie company, then they could have been loaded to different levels for different visual effects, thus the report of the crimp styles being related to different power levels. I'll have to look into this in my .30-06 references.

D.D.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts