Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came in to the following and wonder what they are worth. The P14 has been painted black and poorly done at that, but I can stripped.

The #5 has a little light pitting on the side of the barrel but not bad. Both are matching and have nice bores.

What do you guys think they are worth today. Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
SOG has P14's for $639, but I dont think they are selling real fast. I would guess minimum around $350 for the P14 and the #5. My pair are priceless as far as I am concerned.

·
Banned
155 Posts
$350 sounds fair for both, considering the work that would go into fixing the finish of the P14. $350 is very decent for a No. 5, and it seems to me that prices have fallen just slightly for No. 5's over the last couple of months. (Or maybe I'm just bad at math.) Oh, I forgot to mention that Volley Sights play a role in the value as well. If your rifle has the volley sights intact and the lack of a Wheedon Repair marking then its value will increase some.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,356 Posts
No.5s fetch money. There was a rather "original" one at last Sunday's show for $425. Much to my surprise it was sold when I went by that bench a little later. I cannot say what the final price was, but earlier in the day the vendor was showing no signs of moving on the prices of his other goodies.

What variant of P14 is that?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,356 Posts
SOG has P14's for $639, ....
Good grief!! The meth in Ohio must be real nasty stuff to generate that kind of hallucination.

·
Banned
155 Posts
And I bet the SOG rifles have no volley sights and sewer pipes for bores!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts