Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
On Saturday, I looked at a Jungle Carbine. It is a BSA that has a matching bolt, magazine and fore arm. It also has a small import mark on the right side of the muzzle. I remember the serial # as BJ 2836. It does not have the metal cap on the front. The place wants 345.00 plus tax. Is this a decent price? TIA.

·
Copper Bullet member
9,119 Posts
Very good price, if as described.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,612 Posts
Agreed, $345 is a very good price, assuming good condition. How's the bore?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One thing that concerned me was after pushing the plunger down I could not get the bolt head to flip up to remove the bolt. I looked at the bore from the muzzle end with a bore lite. It looks O. K. not real shiny though. One other thing, I did not see any other marks on the wood. I thought that the British liked to proof the wood considerably.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,612 Posts
One thing that concerned me was after pushing the plunger down I could not get the bolt head to flip up to remove the bolt. I looked at the bore from the muzzle end with a bore lite. It looks O. K. not real shiny though. One other thing, I did not see any other marks on the wood. I thought that the British liked to proof the wood considerably.
The bolt head might be gunked up with cosmo or something...it can get a bit tricky at times. Later British wood didn't generally get all that many stampings on it, and wear and tear can take a toll on what marks were applied. Sometimes you'll find nothing but a small makers mark, sometimes just a broad arrow in the barrel channel, sometimes nothing at all. Finding no marks on a No.5 wouldn't concern me all that much.

·
Registered
497 Posts
K98a Man, Most likely there's something in the plunger's slot preventing full travel of the plunger that's easy to fix once the fore-end is removed.

Regards, Brad

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank You for the replies gentlemen. I think I will go put it on layaway and worry about paying for it later.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got mine sight unseen from PS militaria here in Kanada, $375.00 CDN, I'm generally very pleased with it aside from the fact the forend and handguard were apparently dipped in 10w30 at some point and the loose hanguard, which I understand is quite common, and easy to somewhat rectify anyways. Best regards Marmaloon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts