Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
its a steel core. I was told by my FFL, he is also huge into tactical shoots and AR bling. That shooting penetrating rounds out of the AR will wear out the barrel faster than just regular FMJ ammo. Chrome barrel and steel, to me don't mix. I have 1 k rounds ready if i need them for the revolution.

·
Registered
53 Posts
its a steel core. I was told by my FFL, he is also huge into tactical shoots and AR bling. That shooting penetrating rounds out of the AR will wear out the barrel faster than just regular FMJ ammo. Chrome barrel and steel, to me don't mix. I have 1 k rounds ready if i need them for the revolution.
Have your FFL explain how the steel penetrator core ever makes contact with your chrome lined barrel? Last time i looked at my ammo, it was FMJ, and the green tip was the only thing on the bullet that was not copper, so his "penetrating rounds will wear out the barrel faster" theory is bunk. The faster velocity of a bullet will have more to do with barrel erosion than the makeup of the inside of the bullet.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Have your FFL explain how the steel penetrator core ever makes contact with your chrome lined barrel? Last time i looked at my ammo, it was FMJ, and the green tip was the only thing on the bullet that was not copper, so his "penetrating rounds will wear out the barrel faster" theory is bunk. The faster velocity of a bullet will have more to do with barrel erosion than the makeup of the inside of the bullet.
^
This. Speed will wear a barrel.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Where do you get a steel bullet? I have never see one. All my steel core and steel jacketed bullets have a copper plating on them.
Does the FFL think if a rifle is "black" that means it more powerful?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.