Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
842 Posts
The Obama legacy marches on. This will be a problem for a long time coming I'm disappointed to say. He stacked the lower courts with left wing judges just for this purpose. Makes me ill......🤒

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was an interesting question on who appointed the judges. Obama stacking the courts with failures in oversight on letting them through appears to be the determining factor in the decision. There were some 4th amendment and other issues that some went along with or opposed so I took a look at the majority opinion and who joined and the dissenting opinion and who joined. Of the majority opinion judges (anti 2A) there were 8 judges 5 Obama appointees, 1 Clinton appointee, 1 Reagan appointee and the chief was appointed by GW Bush.

On the dissenting opinion (pro 2A) there were 4 appointees, 2 by GW Bush, 1 by GHW Bush, 1 by Clinton.

·
Silver Bullet member
36,239 Posts
May well be overturned by SCOTUS since the opposing judges were very vehement. I'd personally like to wait until a couple old @#$%s leave SCOTUS and are replaced.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The Obama legacy marches on. This will be a problem for a long time coming I'm disappointed to say. He stacked the lower courts with left wing judges just for this purpose. Makes me ill......裸

Trump has issues, but I hope that people recall what Obama pulled and don't hand the keys to liberals in 2018 or 2020

·
Banned
842 Posts
The worst part of this is that the judiciary branch seems to no longer be the "rule of law" check to the legislative or executive branches it was meant to be. It's now just a political extension of the majority party.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
The worst part of this is that the judiciary branch seems to no longer be the "rule of law" check to the legislative or executive branches it was meant to be. It's now just a political extension of the majority party.

It is much more a political extension of the Prozi Party.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.