Gunboards Forums banner

#4MK1 cruciform bayonet

762 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  JB White 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a question hopefully y'all can help with. I'm trying to find the value of a#4MK1 cruciform blade bayonet. I've been told they're somewhat collectible and I have one I plan to put up for sale if I can ever pin down a value. I've looked on ebay and google and the prices are all over the place, that's why I figured I'd ask here. Hopefully y'all can get me pointed in the right direction. The one I have doesn't have a scabbard and I'm pretty sure that will affect the value, I've attached some pictures so hopefully that'll help. Thanks in advance y'all

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
They don’t come up often enough to establish a trustworthy price range.
Not having an early steel throated scabbard might keep it from the top end.
Early frog with the leather and brass retainer helps too.

That having been said, there’s a good chance of getting a couple of hundred or more for yours…on the right auction.
Wood Hardwood Cable Font Audio equipment

#5 ·
Ok thanks everyone, that helps a lot. Now for the follow up question. Where would you recommend for selling it? I really don't have a lot of experience and or trust of eBay but that seems to be where I see most of them selling. I used to use the trader boards on here quite a bit back in the day but it looks like we don't have those anymore, so any recommendations would be great, thanks

#6 ·
The trader still exists, if you were a member before the changeover and have lost your account, post in the "Site Help" subforum & have admin merge your accounts.

Otherwise you need 25 posts.

I highly encourage you to use the Gunboards trader rather than any other outlet, given you are a member here & have come to other members seeking advice.

#9 ·
Be sure you have clear pics of the tip, the runout of the flutes near the socket end, and the markings. Highlight those with a grease pencil/China marker.
Also show the back end of the socket, a side view revealing the shape of the elbow, and an overall measurement of the spike from elbow to tip.

It will help curb the flurry of requests for info as buyers watch for signs of fakery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.