Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a set of the 4d dies for the Nagant? Comments, concerns, feedback?

Have been looking for a while, looked at the Lee dies, but held off because of the common comment that the dies were made for cut down 32-20 brass as opposed to the new made 7.62 Nagant brass.

Any info would be welcome, especially as to what loads everyone is putting in.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the Lee dies made for the 32/20. I did not have to cut down the 32/20 brass. They work good with the Starline brass since the rims are not too thick to funtion in the revolver.

That 30 carbine should work good too. The carbide die will save lubing the cases. I haven't tried to load any regular Nagant brass.

Scott

·
Registered
46 Posts
+1 on the 30 carbine dies. I use those with cut down 223 brass and sometimes 32-20 brass with ZERO problems. The 223 brass loads even achieve the gas seal! Check out my post on the reloaders forum on converting 223 brass to 7.62 x 38R.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Where is post on .223 brass to Nagant

hey SPCWINGO. I couldn't find the post you refered to. I remember reading it a while back and it seemed complicated to do. (but as I haven't bought any reloading equipment yet It will probably all seem complicated to me for awhile). I was thinking of down loading the procedure you described but can't find it. Still getting used to the forum format so it may be there and I just don't know how to get to it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Anyone have a set of the 4d dies for the Nagant? Comments, concerns, feedback?

Have been looking for a while, looked at the Lee dies, but held off because of the common comment that the dies were made for cut down 32-20 brass as opposed to the new made 7.62 Nagant brass.

Any info would be welcome, especially as to what loads everyone is putting in.

Thanks
I have the 4D dies for Nagant and they work great. There was one issue though. When they arrived I found that the bullet seating stem was too short to seat bullets to the case mouth. I sent the company an e-mail and they asked me for measurements of how far I wanted to seat the bullet. They sent me out a suitable replacement stem the next day. Great customer service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts