Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thank you guys, I let the electric do the work, I started seeing stampings I didn’t know were there, the rust was starting to dig in to it, it has a grey look to it, I think it will age nicely now.
I got the latch spring from Sarco, it fit perfect. The bore looks good too, some lead broke loose, I think it should scrub out with no problem. I’ll let you know how it shoots.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Thank you guys, I let the electric do the work, I started seeing stampings I didn’t know were there, the rust was starting to dig in to it, it has a grey look to it, I think it will age nicely now.
I got the latch spring from Sarco, it fit perfect. The bore looks good too, some lead broke loose, I think it should scrub out with no problem. I’ll let you know how it shoots.
Was the spring from Sarco substantial and not just a thin one like from Wolfe??

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I never saw a Webley spring from Wolfe, so I can't compare them but the Sarco spring has good tension, the frame always locks up well, I don't have any problems, it seems like a well made spring.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think you've done a nice job on the old girl. I've used electrolysis in my other collecting areas, gas pressure appliances (think Coleman stoves and lanterns, but from WWI and earlier) and old tools for 40+ years. It is the best method I know for removing all the rust there is, even from the bottom of pits and doing no damage to the item being restored. Remember though that bluing is a form of rust and electrolysis will take off all the bluing on a firearm. In your case that wasn't an issue since the original finish was long gone. Well done.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts