Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did some trading today and picked this up. A 41 tula nagant with no import marks and no refurbishment marks either. All numbers match and couldnt be happier. When taking it apart for a cleaning I noticed in the frame under the grip panel that comes off is a heart stamp. Had anyone seen this before or know what it means?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Well... We have to wait when The Expert(Comrade Joe) will see it.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
From my notes:

One of the more entertaining features of the 1941 revolvers is the marks inside the frames. These consist of a heart, a diamond – straight or curved sided, a hexagon or a “tombstone” shaped mark found on the inside of the frame behind the hammer or on the inside of the sideplate. Not all 1941 dated revolvers have these marks, but most do and the marks are not seen on any other year.

I will post pictures if there is interest.
Joe

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Well I would be interested in seeing some examples of these! I'll speak for everyone else too xD Can't say I've seen any heart marks, or others as described in Joe's post before either. That's a nice looking pistol though, I like it.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
1941s are one of the more common years seen and certainly the most common GPW year seen. Well over 100,000 were produced and there were several avenues for them to come out of the Soviet Union before the wall closed everything down after the GPW.
1943s-1945s were made in quantity but they never had a way for them to make it to the west until the refurbs were exported in the 1990s.
1941s are also interesting because of the evolution of the sideplate marks during the 10 months of Tula production in 1941.
Joe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts