Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good eye,you are correct,i bought it with that mag,and have never fired it.
I shall go on the hunt for a correct magazine.
Thanks

·
Copper Bullet member
2,513 Posts
Any markings on the buttstock? On a '41 Lithgow they'd normally be stamped in the wood. If they're in the last thumbnail with the original post, I can't quite make them out? You don't normally find marking discs on rifles of this time period.

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,617 Posts
Any markings on the buttstock? On a '41 Lithgow they'd normally be stamped in the wood. If they're in the last thumbnail with the original post, I can't quite make them out? You don't normally find marking discs on rifles of this time period.
Yes a 1941 lithgow would have markings on the butt from new manufacture, but this rifle was factory refurbished during the 50's. The wood would have been replaced at that time including the butt and they were not marked. Often pre-used butts were used again and markings from the previous rifle were removed. It has a marking disc probably because its a re-used butt from a much earlier rifle. Not unusual at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.