Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
3mil. Type 56. Hold-out from the Century Arms cache. From "Arsenal /twenty-five\"

In October of 2012 Century Arms announced that they had acquired a considerable cache of importable Type 56 SKS -- via the Albanian stockpiles. That same month, Century Arms posted this photo on their websites and on their facebook page (note the #30 painted on the stock wrist):
Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Air gun

The sale was further advertised on tactical-life.com with the same rifle pictured: http://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/chinese-type-56-sks-carbine-762x39mm/

Last week, by sheer chance, I won a GB autcion for rifle in the photographs. I broght it home yesterday.

All matchinh 3mil. Likely a "hand-select" rifle.

My guess is that Century Arms sent the rifle to tactical-life publushing so they could take pictures for a magazine write-up. Afterwards they likely just held onto the rifle, while the Century cache dried up tout-suite. Until, two weeks ago when the it popped up for auction on the 'broker. I picked up yesterday in an unscathed Century Arms box.
Firearm Gun Rifle Trigger Air gun
Gun Trigger Shotgun Revolver Gun accessory
Material property Muffler Metal
Material property Metal
Tool Cutting tool Metalworking hand tool Tool accessory
Font
Gun Rifle Firearm Revolver Trigger
Wood Rust Shotgun Metal
Wood

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.