Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not my rifle, but I would have thought it would bring more than it did. Looks like it sold for about the sum of the parts! Correct stock, CN marked, bent bolt , repo mount/base, original scope, repo cover and caps. Nice buy for somebody here I hope. Should be fun to shoot.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/874701213

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,387 Posts
I was watching that one as well. A very fair price for a resnipered PEM. If it wasn't for the fact that I have a 39 already I probably would have gone after it.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I wasn't following but would have been tempted...I too have a '39 PEM but that was a fair/good price. Actually glad I didn't see it :)

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
Scope is $800.00 tops, rest is a fantasy peice. Figure the rifle, mediocre reproduction mount, bolt and mount fabrication , + scope. $1200.00 -$1300.00

·
Gold Bullet member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well here is another....can you pls advise me on value of parts?
Scope is worth 2K....a real scope.
Cant figure out about the rifle ...was it a sniper?
https://www.legacy-collectibles.com/recently-sold-items/mosin-nagant-m1891-30-sniper-rifle-11564.html
wrong stock
wrong bands
wrong butt plate, etc
questionable sniper stamping
bubba bolt job
obviously fake mount
assume the base is bogus too
scope $600 (assuming it functions) + 250 for the rifle..$850max
as Miller said, a fantasy item made by a guy who likes to stamp hammer and sickles on stuff

has anyone here seen a cn stamping that steps on another proof mark?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I’m actually the winner of that auction haha. I honestly didn’t expect to win, I put in my bid thinking it was going to go for closer to 2k. I figured it was at least worth the parts and labor and will make a fun range toy.

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,429 Posts
wrong stock
wrong bands
wrong butt plate, etc
questionable sniper stamping
bubba bolt job
obviously fake mount
assume the base is bogus too
scope $600 (assuming it functions) + 250 for the rifle..$850max
as Miller said, a fantasy

has anyone here seen a cn stamping that steps on another proof mark?
+1. Not a good rifle in any way.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m actually the winner of that auction haha. I honestly didn’t expect to win, I put in my bid thinking it was going to go for closer to 2k. I figured it was at least worth the parts and labor and will make a fun range toy.
a wonderful catch.. congrats

·
Gold Bullet member
13,432 Posts
It should be a good shooter. The extra stamps on the Igor mount, that mount is not my favorite mainly due to the lack of thumb screw for removal, are fantasy. It may be a re-snipered ex but hard to be sure with those photos. Edit. I see the C n is fake with a better look.

You did not get burned but paid pretty strong. Keep us informed on range report and bore condition.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It should be a good shooter. The extra stamps on the Igor mount, that mount is not my favorite mainly due to the lack of thumb screw for removal, are fantasy. It may be a re-snipered ex but hard to be sure with those photos. Edit. I see the C n is fake with a better look.

You did not get burned but paid pretty strong. Keep us informed on range report and bore condition.
Nice catch on the questionable Cn Mike. I glossed over that one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts